The DragonFly products are targeted for large-scale Internet and cloud computing data centers supporting a large number of virtualized server applications, including Web servers, OLTP and analytic databases, as well as NoSQL and big data distributed applications.
The DragonFly NVDRIVE is powered by Marvell’s world-class storage SoC technology and seamlessly merges large capacity non-volatile DRAM with onboard SSD modules to enable up to 100 times higher performance for random read- and write-heavy application workloads as compared to traditional disk-based solutions. Additionally, automated caching removes the guesswork, maintenance and high capital costs required by manual data tiering approaches. Unique to the industry, DragonFly write back caching is fully powered by ARM-based storage processors and enables storage administrators to configure granular cache policies at either a file or block level.
Feature highlights of the Dragonfly NVDRIVE include:
- Up to 1.5 TB of useable SSD capacity with the industry’s largest integrated non-volatile DRAM cache.
- Highly predictable performance across mixed write/read workloads. Cache mode sustained performance exceeds 200,000 4K random IOPS, 3GBps throughput and sub-10us average latency.
- Enterprise-class embedded write-back cache software. Simple, smart and fully automated. Robust data protection, including RAID and HA peer-to-peer synchronous mirroring software.
- Rich command line interface (CLI) and cache policies for granular file/block object level configurations.
- Application-transparent OS filter driver supports all major protocols – SCSI, iSCSI, NFS, FCoE and FCP.
- Hypervisor integration enables virtual machine migration, HA, snapshots, clones and more.
- Fully integrated DragonFly Manager for GUI-based administration and performance monitoring.
Read the PR at http://www.marvell.com/company/news/pressDetail.do?releaseID=3316 and full product specifations at http://www.marvell.com/storage/dragonfly/nvdrive/