On 30 January Quantum announced the DXi6802 dedupliaction appliance, a new product that is advertised to take on EMC, the market leader with Data Domain line of products.
- DXi6802 deduplication appliance features:
- Pay-as-You-Grow Scalability – Simple, predictable & easy-to-install storage capacity
- Broad Capacity Range – 3TB drives deliver greater storage density with reduced power consumption
- Best-in-Class Performance – Up to 16.3TB/hour reduces pressure on backup window
- Comprehensive Data Security – Self-encrypting drives protect against data breach, data is encrypted during replication
- Improved Data Availability – Hot spare drive capacity enables continued backup & restore operations
The new appliance is a member of Quantum’s disk based backup systems wich can make Disaster Recovery viable for any site in your organization with the ability to Replicate between multiple DXis or replicate to the cloud.